Wednesday 22 April 2009

Day 6: Smeagol getting Cabaled

Nothing much (yet again!) happened today. No lessons in the morning so i just watched Star World and had a lot of laughs on the side. Cholo played Cabal on my laptop. He's paying for it by the way. The house's connection is fast and my laptop is fast and electricity bills can also go up so fast so that's why he has to pay for it. Cabal is a queer game. An online game that takes the fonts of Halo and uses it without shame.


The game even stole character designs from Final Fantasy.

Shades of Master Chief and Penelo! Plagiarism anyone? The music sounds cheesy too. Not really cheesy...the music actually sounded good. I love the song where the chords go into minor progressions while the girl lead singer chants gibberish on top of the layered sound. But it doesn't fit the game. The alternative-flavored music did not fit into the gameplay and atmosphere of the game. An ordinary, hot summer day. I'm beginning to feel the real wrath of the heat of summer. It Burns us...It Burnnsssss US.....hahaha.

Had lessons in the afternoon. Routine work.I had no choice but to eat dinner

somewhere coz' I ran out of "supplies". I ate at Chowking. As i ate my dinner, i felt my heart sink. I was ALONE. Eating dinner alone. Pathetic. It's not supposed to be this way. Well i decided to check the pirate shops on my way home. Maybe i could find something to watch or find a game i liked to play. I saw Fable - The Lost Chapters for Windows.


Wow! i haven't played that game for a very long time now. I miss my Xbox. Bought the game and went home. I got the game up and running and it ran smoothly. To my surprise the graphics weren't dated they still looked good. Ecstatic! It felt good hearing that catchy opening opus by Danny Elfman at pre-game Fable. I enjoyed test-driving the game so much that i looked for my Halo installer and installed Halo. Ah The infamous Halo theme complete with synths and  male chorus. Cathartic!

Halo still looked good after all these years too. Haha. At least i forgot about my grief. What a diversion! Well i better be signing off. Gotta play now. hehe.

2 comments:

  1. man, i miss playing xbox games at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Yeah. I miss my xbox man. I have a PS2 though.hehe.

    ReplyDelete