Friday 17 April 2009

Day 1

The first day.
I'm here alone. Home Alone.

It's gonna be a total bore for two weeks.The looooongest two weeks of my life.

I miss my wife. I miss my baby. I miss my wife's smiles and chuckles everytime we watch a funny sitcom on TV. I miss the way she sings and makes fun of random songs and singers every five minutes. I miss my baby's smile. Her pretty face and her exceptionally sudden shrieks of joy and pain. very slow day.

Started the day lazily and with naught a smile. Off they went to Cebu. They needed it. I was supposed to go too...but Duty calls. I can't leave work. I don't even remember what the word "unwind" means anymore.

9:30 A.M.

They left for Cebu. Both of them excited. Quite the opposite of what i felt during that time. I knew what harm two weeks of solitude would do to my frail soul. Hahaha.

It was my day-off but i wished i had lessons instead. It  was a rainy, summer day. Yeah. Really. I played around with our Vista desktop and eventually got bored surfing the web.Even Finding Nemo was slow...Downloads were slow.  I installed Linux on our laptop but the OS updates took too long so i shifted back to Vista again. Had a little spring cleaning and tinkering...yet time was so sslloww! Waah. Hmm watched cable TV and found nothing interesting on air. I played Final Fantasy XII and after a few minutes i realized the game was too big and demanding ( Attention, resources, and time-wise) so i decided not to play.

I ate mango, rice and cheese slices for lunch and dinner...uhmm yummy?hahahaha.

9:30 P.M.

I realized i had to buy "supplies" to sustain me for two weeks so i decided to go to D.V.Soria to buy biscuits, Cheez Whiz and stuff. I told the motorela driver to drop me off at R.A.Uy. There were two girls who were absolutely pimped and ready to party who were also there for the motorela ride.

Suddenly it dawned on me...DAMN! Night CAFE! I couldn't have picked a better time to go buy something at D.V.Soria. What perfect timing! I hate the Night cafe crowd and atmosphere. Bah! The road to R.A.Uy was blocked by night cafe fodder so i had to walk and wade through a lot of things and people in order to get to my goal: Mercury Drug. I texted my wife while waiting in line. I nonchalantly reacted to a grumpy girl who was bickering with her boyfriend about what food to buy. She stared at me and i smiled sarcastically and pretended that i wasn't at all annoyed with thier uncivilized behavior.

Oh well I'm here and i'm feeling a bit sleepy already. It has been a really long day. I better sign off and go to Slumberland. I'm gonna have a busy day tomorrow. I Hope work takes some of the blues away. Gawd...it's still Day 1!




P.S. The only thing that wasn't slow today was Google Chrome. It's a damn, fast web browser! I'm beginning to like it even more than Firefox...I might migrate soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment