Monday 20 April 2009

Day 3: The Torture Mass in Anguish minor

Not much happened today...as usual.
Mass at SM...without them (we always hear Mass at Sm every sunday with my family and my family of three)...Was a total DRAG.And it turned out to be one of those weeks, The perfect aura-draining atmosphere: the priest for this week's Sunday Mass was the priest we disliked the most. The one who can't seem to pronounce English words very well, who sings a painfully dissonant chant at the middle part of the Mass like he was singing in the bathroom taking a shower, and who gives out an agonizingly-long, beating around the bush homily. To make matters even worse he was bundled with the most earache-inducing keyboard player and choir conductor we've ever heard. I used "we've" because my wife and I love to make fun of a lot of things and part of "those lots of things" is this Sm Sunday Mass ensemble. Sigh I miss her. The keyboard player plays major, minor and seventh TRIADS like there's no tomorrow. I'm not kidding..you'll be forced to endure 1 Hour of the same left hand chord patterns and the repetitive "ungroovy" accompaniment style he dishes out until you'll be begging for mercy and praying to the Lord to please make him stop. Exaggerations aside it really is ear torture for a long-time musician like me. I don't want to criticize the choir so let's just say they "blend" harmonies that are not supposed to be harmonized if you get what i mean (the fifths!they always use Fifths!).

Well enough with that. After mass we had lunch at KFC. Ate my usual favorite Meltz and chicken. I was bored and i figured the family was going to be here for a long while so i decided to play at iTech with Cholo since i had nothing better to do. We played Halo 3 and Soul calibur 4 for 1 hour. Wow the games are so next-gen! Makes me pity the Ps2 and Psp at home. Nah. It's not all about the graphics, it's all about the gameplay anyway (Sour sport). Played coop in Halo 3. Felt nostalgic (I played a Halo and Halo 2 -day marathon with my girlfriend and now my wife two years ago). As always i beat the crap out of Cholo in SC4. He absolutely has no defense. the usual button masher with a potty mouth. Trash-talk ain't gonna talk you out in a game of skills. Haha.

After one hour i just surfed the net for awhile until my laptop reached the battery drain limit level. Then we ate snacks which was actually our dinner and went home.

I just got home and i'm so tired. Well i'm running out of words to say. I'll do this another day. Not a boring day at least. But still i miss my wife and kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment