Monday 11 May 2009

Old School


Media_httpninotirofil_ggfjh

As you all may know i have been teaching Music in the classroom for awhile now. It has been a love-and-hate profession for me. Love because i love sharing music with everyone and hate because i have been teaching Music in the wrong school, a school where music anti-co-exists, a school where my advanced and progressive way of teaching felt like alien gibberish to many. I passed my letter of resignation three months ago. I will continue to teach private music lessons but my classroom-teaching career was over.
Or so i thought...Today i visited my old school(high school memories aplenty) and they hired me. I was happy. This was going to be a different environment for me. A BETTER environment mind you. This school was where i had so much fun during my rebellious age. My wife also studied in this school(though I am six years her senior) but i never got to see her wearing the goldilocks uniform because I was already studying music in college when she graced the halls of the school. I actually taught there for a while when the music teacher took her maternal leave and I so enjoyed my time there. The students were brilliant and i was on fire every minute i taught in those halls. My style is much more fitting there so I really am going to have a blast teaching music this coming school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment